Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Vegas B-Day Trip Day 1, Wend, Dec 3







I got up at 6 this AM to prepare myself for the trip to the airport. A fellow New York lifer was gracious enough to give me a ride to the airport. Arrived at airport at about 7:30 made my way through checking in (no line) and security (about 15 minutes to get through). I grabbed a nice cup of coffee and made my way to the gate. Plan boarded on time, took off on time and landed on time. Clear skies most of the trip so I got to glance down at the brown and greenish fields of the Midwest turn into the white capped mountains of the Rockies and then into the red tinged desert before we landed. Total sunshine and about 60 degrees! Love it. Met up with Lynne at Baggage area and then we boarded the bud to the car rental facility. For those of you who ave been to Vegas but not to recently, McCarrin airport created a central local for all rental car agencies a few years ago. So much nicer than all those buses running people to 10 different locals to pick up and drop of cars. I got a great deal through hotwire on a car rental. I got a full size car for the entire 9 days (!!!!) we are here for less than 200 bucks!. We ended up with a Toyota Sienna minivan so for all those who couldn't make it I really would have been a soccer mom (maybe even with lipstick) as I drove you all around in the minivan. After we checked into the Imperial Palace (for those who know or don't know the IP is on the strip across from Caesar's Palace. It really is not the best place but it's great location and cheap price keeps me staying here (after all how much time does one spend in their room in Vegas!!)) we went to lunch at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville (our typical 1st meal stop). We then headed back to the IP, played some craps, blackjack and then Lynne went to take a nap. I played BJ a little longer, played a few slots and then cam back to the room, signed up for internet access and wrote these few lines for my adoring masses. Sorry for no paragraph breaks but whenever I hit enter nothing happens. I will upload pics to Flickr as I upload them and will try to put some here, but can not right now so check Flickr.com (seach for person named shanmans) and check Vegas Dec 2008 folder! Later peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home