Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Monday, November 07, 2005

I sit.

As I usually do, most of the time, I sit on my couch.

I sit on my couch watching TV and playing on the internet.

I sit, and contemplate the world, my life and the broken nature of things.

Often while sitting I add to my useless knowledge stashed away in the sponges of my brain.

This information, gathered while I sit, is often of pop culture (hence the TV watching).

While pondering the world, my life and the broken nature of things, I wonder how sad it is that I sit and remember this useless knowledge.

But then again, as I sit, I remember that perhaps I am most blessed (in the completely non-religious way (sic!!!!) because as I sit I in little ways affect the world for the better. AS I make a quip and act fast on my feet with a comment and make someone laugh.

Laughter after all is what feeds us and makes us grow.

Well, that and cold confections.

Today I battle a sore throat as I sit. Sore throat and massive headache actually. I called in sick to work in order to sit today.

I will feel better, but as I sniffle and sit and drink some hot coffee I wish that I felt better, that the world was less broken.

But then again, cold confections help with that too....

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I agree...

    So Jim are you somewhat agreeing with Micheal Moore and his premise in "Bowling for Columbine" that the US media may be focusing on the negative too much?

    mmmmmmm... ROTFL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home