Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Metaphysical Musings....


So many times during a typical week, I stop to wonder if I am happy. Am I doing something useful with my life? Should I be living differently? Am I doing enough for the wider world?

About 99% of the time the answers are: Yes, I am happy. Some days I am happier than others but yes, I am happy and content most of the time.

Useful? Well, I never saw myself working in an office behind a desk as a career, but I must remember that someone has to do what I do so it might as well be me.

Perhaps I should be living differently, saving more for the future, giving more to charity, seeing more live music, performing more in some capacity, reading more, exercising more, eating better, watching less TV, being more creative, working more on my house, designing my garden for the spring, cleaning out my basement, organizing my house and therefore my life. Yet even with all these shoulds, I am content and happy to watch TV, play poker on-line and dream.

Wider world… this is the one that troubles me the most. With the US media’s affection for all things bad, we see way too much violence in its uncountable forms. There should be something that one fat, gay mid-west guy can do. I give to the United Way and pledge money to Public Radio but always think there is more that I should be doing.

Yet after working 40 hours a week (many times more) and fulfilling my own food, sleep, chill-time and poker needs there isn’t much time left for the wider world.

But if thoughts and worries can change anything then slap a dhoti on me and call me Gandhi.

And now for something completely differnent: Sexy men!! enjoy!!!

Yes that's the boys from Brokeback Mountain.... sigh....

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger My Boring Best said…

    Shannon,

    Jake is a complete poser. I cannot stand that moron.

    Now, if I were gay I'd be more of a George Clooney guy.

    Alas, I'll have to stick to hating myself for thinking Paris Hilton is hot. (talk about a poser!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home