Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Another day, another dollar, another headache...


Today, if I had had enough money in savings, I think I would have walked out of my job forever.

This after 10 years with the company.

Why you might ask.

Well, the long story short is that after working at a 134% level (yes I actually get a number every month telling me what percentage I work according to pre-set standards), and after having seldom having a month below 100%, I am told that I am not doing enough... that "I can't let the work manage me that I need to manage the work." And any idea I have about workflow is waved off with a wave of the hand and a "go back to your work."

Can you believe it?

The balls of management.

So I started counting my pennies tonight... just a few more million and I can quit.

Til then I eat a popsicle and go to bed.

Goodnight everyone, see you in the morning

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Oh Shannon, I am so sorry.

    And freaked out. Justlast night on the way home, I was thinking you've been there an awfully long time. "Gee, I wonder what Shannon looks like on paper. I wonder if he would ever leave NYL."

    Spooky.

    Happy Birthday Eve!!
    Love,

    MM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home