Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Are you wearing your windbreaker?


As the winds of change and uncertainty swirl around those I love, and the cold air has returned to northern Ohio, I find myself thankful that I live a relatively simple life as a single happy gay man.

Often time the biggest decision in my life is what to have for dinner or what movie to go see.  One day the winds will catch up with me and sometime I wonder how will I manage them.  I hope that I will handle them with the presence of mind and power of thought that some of my friends handle them.  I hope I will be able to use their experiences to help me though whatever the winds may blow my way.

So as I prepare for a lazy Sunday of seeing a movie with Jim, sitting here on the couch with Katie my cat, watching a little TV and checking out the internet, I hope that these winds soon die down and the sun of contentment comes out to warm all and especially my friends who forgot to button their windbreakers all the way up.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Aw, thoughtful post, Shannon. Change is not always bad, but it can be awfully hard. We're lucky to have a friend like you to remind us to zip up and keep moving forward.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home