Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Monday, January 08, 2007

A New Day?

Often time, when reading blogs or just wondering about wondering, I feel that for as smart as I believe myself to be, I am not smart as those around me. Other blogs talk eloquently about different topics and often about the blogger him/herself yet when I sit to write about my thoughts I end up in some trivial diatribe about TV or gambling or some other thing that that in the greater scheme of things really isn’t that important.

But then again, I’m almost certain that my brain is not wired like most people’s and that the worries of the world that many others search answers for by writing and contemplating just don’t really matter in my simplistic world. Now this isn’t to say I’m just a flighty nancy boy who doesn’t worry about the world and how I fit into it. I think on the other hand I spend more time enjoying the world and experiencing things there are to experience and not thinking about how these experiences need to be shared with others and how these experiences can help change me to do something great in this world of ours.

I leave that to the great thinkers and doers around me. There are many of you out there who are doing a great job in making the world a better place for all and I say thank you and keep up the great work. In the meantime I will watch TV, play a little poker and plan my next trip to Sin City USA.

On a completely different topic, I realized a few days ago what I want to do when I grow up, but unfortunately it would not pay the bills and keep me in the lifestyle in which I have become comfortable. Live theater is what I have always loved. Whenever I have been involved in some production, whether it was playing the Cello for a musical or an opera or making costumes or just seating people at the local playhouse, I love the theater and all that it stands for. There are probably a few dozen theaters in the Cleveland area and I plan on taking in more of their shows and perhaps even finding one or two and getting involved. Want to join me sometime in viewing or helping out? I hope so because it’s always more fun with a group!

LOL

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Heyyyy, Shannon. It's great to see you back up and writing again. I hope you follow your plan to blog more often as I always enjoy reading your posts.

    Live theatre?! YOU!? I'm sure we know a few places that would benefit from your many qualities and skills. CPT, Near West are a couple close by. I hope you will dive in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home