Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I am...




What has come of the days, not to long ago, where as I would awaken, I would be filled with excitement as to what that day was going to bring? As I began my morning ablutions I would wonder what lie around that corner I would traverse later that morning, where would I find myself later that evening? Oh who am I kidding, I was never that boy or even man who was excited by the expectations of the day. I have always been laid back enough to drone on day by day. I don’t mean this in a harmful or hurting way, it’s a fact of who I am and have always been happy to be this way. It makes me a cheap date in that I am so easily amused by whatever I am doing. I don’t get bored and seldom in my life do I worry about my place in the greater good or even reality. I am. Yet sometimes I think this is wrong and I should be more attentive to my feelings and musings. I feel that I should want to go on a spiritual journey and make myself a better person not only for the world but for myself. But…. I don’t. I have great fondness for those who do though. I wish them the best and ask how I can help or at least not hinder their travels. But I will be here, sitting on my couch, perhaps making a short physical trip to my beloved Las Vegas, visiting my blood and non-blood families and generally just being me. Few worries and even fewer regrets. Lucky aren’t I?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    When it's time, whatever it is that will be your "thing" or your turning point or catalytic event will come along. Meanwhile, "I am" is a very good place to be.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found myself thinking that perhaps I didn't know you very well after all until I realized your tone!

    I have to concur with MM, "I am" is a good thing.

    Hugs,

    Shadow/J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home