Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Update and Happy Holidays





Oh the weather outside is frightful.





It's freezing rain here in Cleveland at the moment. I'm not too worried though as it is supposed to warm up a bit overnight and by AM it should be just showers.





Prepared or not the holidays are here. Christmas is in 2 days and the new year rings in way to quickly.





I turned 40 2 weeks ago today and haven't really stopped to admire what that means. 40 is old. 40 is young. 40 is just right.





I have worked at my current job for over 1/4 of my life. I have known several of you who might be reading this (Jen, Lynne) for 1/2 my life. I have been in my house for 1/8 my life.





If I live to be 80 I am middle aged. If I live to be 60 my life is 2/3 over. If I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take. What kind of bedtime scare tactic was that to lay on a child?





I spent a realizing evening last night with some friends from high school (and earlier really) I have kn own one of them for 2/3 of my life. I had not seen one for 1/2 my life until last night.





I have lived in Cleveland since 1995. I graduated high school in 1987. I graduated college in 1991 and grad school in 1993. These dates which for so long seem so important now only seem like a piece of history. Memories from years ago that become hazier and more distant as I march another year into my life.





So, happy holidays to you. Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanzaa.





hugs from the old, young, middle-aged man, boy, human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home