Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Why I love/hate Martha...


While I continue to look for the letter I wrote to her (that librarian in my spare bedroom never seems to file correctly), here is a choice quotation from Martha Stewart's Christmas, p.13:

Family traditions evolve over time, and one of favorites is the yearly creation of the plum pudding. I made my very first shortly after my marriage, on the day after Thanksgiving. A friend and I concocted the recipe from old English cookbooks, and I served the pudding to our friends that Christmas, doused with brandy and mounds of creamy hard sauce. Word spread and requests poured in for puddings for next year. To keep up with the demand, I began collecting traditional English pudding bowls (in brown and white glazed pottery); I invented an oven-cooking method so we could cook thirty-two puddings every six hours; I discoved that the fruit could be chopped in a food processor a little at a time. That Christmas with just one helper, we made three hundred puddings in less that three days. While you may not wish to produce puddings on quite such a grand scale, this is one of the most wonderful giftsyou can give -- or at least to your ten dearest friends.



And you thought Carol and Elmo were scary!!!

Just think we are all already behind by 2 days. GET BAKING!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Shannon, I am laughing my ASS off!!! This is priceless! The 300 Puddings In Just Three Days picture in my head...you've been around me during High Baking Season...can you even imagine? HOOeee.

    "With just one Christmas helper"--OH dear GOD.

    "Thirty-two puddings...every six hours"...and rationing sleep in 15-minute increments among staff.

    F--- off, Martha! And Happy Holidays!

    Pineapple tarts, anyone? They don't LOOK like much but who cares!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home