Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Coming soon... Martha Musings Galore



As soon as I find it, I am going to post a letter I wrote to Martha Stewart a few years ago.

Ah Martha, watching her new talk show is a little like watching for the decapitation scene in the movie The Omen. You know you should close your eyes because it's coming but yet you can't help yourself and watch the guys head fly up into the air as the plate glass runs right through his neck.

Although today in a rerun Martha had Elmo as a guest and I was shocked to realize that Elmo and Carol Channing (whom she had on as a guest a few weeks ago) have the same facial expressions. That blank, wide open mouth smile, stare directly into the camera thing that scares me to no end.

Welcome back Dolly, it's nice to have you back where you belong all right, in my nightmares of Carol Channing wearing a boa made of Elmo with that stare (and probably those oversize sunglasses!) Oh god, take me now before I have to sleep....

Happy T-day everyone!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger My Boring Best said…

    Carol Channing is enough to make me go gay! How was that woman ever popular?! Even when she was young, she was spooky as hell.

    Thanks for giving me a good laugh.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Well, I still do love Elmo. I won't think of Carol Channing, ever, when I look upon that cute fuzzy little red face.

    Just this past week, we were able to catch Sesame Street again. I miss those monsters, especially Elmo and his life lessons. Seeing everybody either grown up or old on the parade float on Thanksgiving -- how OLD is BOB already? -- aieeee.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Bob is old!! AQlthough probably not as old as we would beleive considering he seemed old when I was little but was probably younger than I am now!!

    OK maybe I should crawl back into bed now.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home