Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Winter Sunday...

The last few times I sat down to write for this blog, the entry ended up somewhere far off the mark I had set for it. This has always seemed to happen to me when I would write. This is the soul reason I think I became somewhat of a poet in my younger days.

I could set off for one point of a journey yet end up someplace quite different and that was excellent for the muse. My somewhat stilted writing style could also shine on the page, as I would write the complex lines of my poems.

The weather turned blustery again last night, as did my mood. Without going into some detail let’s just say that there is a reason I don’t drink and I think some others of my extended family should jump on that wagon.

I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat and it has been chilly the whole day. It’s on days such as this that I (yes the eternal single man and happy with it) wish there was someone who would baby me and make me soup, make sure I am warm and just be there.

But then I regain my senses and realize that I am happy alone and have enough friends and family to turn too when the time comes. And I think ahead two weeks to the Vegas Trip Lynne and I are taking and I make it though another slight melancholy moment.

And now for something completely different (and gay of course):

A few days ago I wrote about the Gay Pimp, Jonny McGovern. Here is a link to another song his called Soccer Practice.

A little more "family" friendly but funny as hell I think.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Wow, must have been cosmic. Felt like I was on a roll until I got to Borders Saturday night and could find NOTHING I wanted! Must have been my impatient mood, wanting a shelf full of esoteric reading material and music.

    So of course I came home and tried to write a blog entry and ended up off the mark, but I say it's the forcing of the habit that's important. I do think I confuse more people that way (understanding that I confuse people to begin with).

    Now that it's cold I envy you and Lynne the trip West -- need someone to carry your bags and watch?! :-)

    --MM

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    There's still an opening for you to join us part of the week, we could sneek you into our room, check out Southwest.com and see what you can find. Feb 20 to the 25th. LOL

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    S'ok...I'd miss my buddy Vance Gilbert at the Beachland, and of course Tim and YMSB so I figure the price of staying home ain't that bad. ;-)

    WIN BIG...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home