Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Spring has arrived....

As the cool rain hits the parched earth, and the mighty seedlings yearn for the warmth of the sun yet rejoice in the liquid of life, I watch from my window wondering when I will have to mow the yard again and would you look at those new weeds back in the corner of my yard by the peony?

Spring in Cleveland is a mixed bag.  From days of beauteous weather to weeks of cool rain to 8 inches of April snow, the old saying of if you don’t like the weather just wait 5 minutes as so true.

And inside the house, the want of nice weather becomes so strong that I refuse to turn the furnace back on and believe it or not yearn to clean my windows and perhaps the carpet.  Spring is a time of renewal and part of my soul’s renewal lie in cleaning and organizing. I have always wanted to be anal-retentive and strive to join the likes of some of my friends but always arrive a day late and a bit shy of a 1st down.  

I just completed the small task of putting some large patches of gray paint on 2 walls on my bathroom in order to make sure that I like the color.  I do like it so tomorrow I plan on painting the entire bathroom. Pics to follow.

I find the urge to be active so strong that it overwhelms me to the point of in-activity.  When I get these feelings I can almost understand the people whom you hear about who live in fear and their phobias freeze them in time and space.

But then I regain my senses and complete some small task to prove to myself that I am in deed in charge of my life and myself and can complete a task without melting back into my couch.

So off to water the plants then perhaps off to have my oil changed then off to pick up Lynne and we are off to Twinsburg to play cards with Sam and Wendy.

Off course the WPT (World Poker Tour) is coming on TV as I type on this Saturday early afternoon, so maybe a few minutes of watching are in order….

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, yes Spring has indeed arrived. I share the urge to clear/clean. But after 2 hours trying to mow the sodden grass, I was glad to just sit back and relax to those cards!

    Maybe I'll do the laundry room repair and painting that is well overdue this coming weekend....

    Keep at that bathroom Shannon!

    Sam

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, and what exactly are you saying about us hyphens? That you aspire to be us, envy us, or just want to use that tendency every now and again???

    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home