Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's a cartoon after all....

From AOL.com:

The cartoons were first published by a Danish newspaper in September, then reprinted by a Norwegian newspaper last month, setting off violent protests against the two countries across the Muslim world. The cartoons have subsequently been reprinted in other media, mostly in Europe.
The protest in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar was the largest to date in that Muslim country against the prophet drawings. There were no reports of violence.

Chief Minister Akram Durrani, the province's top elected official who led the rally, demanded the cartoonists "be punished like a terrorist."

"Islam is a religion of peace. It insists that all other religions and faiths should be respected," he told the crowd. "Nobody has the right to insult Islam and hurt the feelings of Muslims."

A religion of peace? 11 dead aleady over a cartoon. I don’t think Snoopy would approve.

And people wonder why I’m not religious. Nuff said!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Isn't it insane? The kids and I watched the news on this last night. Really, it has them baffled. I have to teach them, "Yes, my darlings, in many parts of the world, people are humorless. Nine times out of 10 you can blame it on religion."

    I do my damndest not to take myself too seriously (yes, sometimes I fail), and just can't stand organizations that do.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger My Boring Best said…

    I'm not religious for a different reason - there is no god. ...least that's how I see it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home