Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Death, Vegas and Poo...






Yesterday (or today depending on which way you go) would have been the birthday of a college friend of mine. His birthday was actually Feb 29 so he only had a “real” birthday every 4 years.

While in college he frustrated me to no end because he always had an excuse as to why he didn’t do something, whether it was for a class or something he was to do for the college gay and lesbian group we were part of (2 of the 3 out gay me on a campus of 2000).

After he graduated (a year ahead of me) he went off to Boston to try his hand at arts management. After a troubling year he returned home to Lorain OH and killed himself.

I wish that I still had David to be frustrated at. Happy Birthday David.


Back from Vegas…. Gambled a lot but did OK and came home with money. Here are a few shots I took…



Here are a few shots of bathroom stalls (if you know me you know I always have to go and so spent a lot of time in bathrooms in Vegas (LOL))



2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Awwww. Franta. Frantic Franta. I will never understand. I still feel somehow responsible. Goddamn, if he'd hung in there another 10 years I coulda found him his blasted dream job.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Michael Bains said…

    Having grown up in Lorain, I can say from personal experience that the Geographic Cure, even if only a few miles away, is a very good idea for any semi-suicidal artistic folk.

    This comment is serious. My condolensces for the loss of your friend.

    On a brighter note, I'm glad Vegas was kind to you! Your stall pics remind me that my step-daughter also has to check out the "rest rooms" where ever they're available to the public. I gotta love it!

    (found ya via Jim's MBB)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home