Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Monday, August 27, 2007

Dreams and memories...

Memories are funny things. It can take a shaft of light hitting a leaf the right way, or a smell of cleanser as you scrub the bathtub, or a slight taste of nutmeg in the cookie that someone gave you at work. With just a touch of any of these factors, your mind sparks and that memory trapped in the tiny recesses of some part of your brain fires up and the memory floods your mind and makes you stop what you are doing and stretch your hand out to try to pull it more into the light of your conscious. My memories have also recently begun to suffice in my dreams. One of my friends at work thinks it’s my synapses cleaning themselves for new memories. I think its more like my mind bringing the memory to the surface so that it is not lost but given a new place to store for the next few years. These dreams started a few years ago and continue every now and then. Even before I had knowledge of my 20th high school reunion some of the dreams I can remember involved people from high school not thought of it a long time. What was my hand going on Jason Boyd’s cock? He and I did share a room when I went to Canada my senior year of high school. Perhaps some unknown crush on him at that point left the synapse and shot forward to a new memory.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    The human brain is a complex thing. I've also heard that memories that are important resurface from time to time so that you don't lose them. I don't think we ever do lose them but they are further buried in our subconscious than makes it possible for us to call them up.

    This is when we need input from Dr. Don...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home