Grand Unification Theory

Thoughts and Ramblings in this Twenty-First Century Broken World

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Las Vegas, Again!

I am back from having spent another week in the incredible city of Las Vegas. Lynne, Jim and I saw Spamalot and for anyone out there who has a even a small like of Monty Python, you must see this musical. I laughed long and hard. And for those of you who take your musical theater a little too seriously, you should also see it as it makes grand fun of the whole musical theater tradition. (Not to mention you get to see Sir Galahad’s (GAY!!!!!) rhinestone studded codpiece!

The three of us also had an excellent meal at the signature restaurant of the Wynn – Tableau. At first I felt out of place at suck a fancy place, but that soon went away as I tasted splendor and realized I do deserve to be treated like a king (maybe queen) every now and then.

Yet once again I was reminded of one of the main reason I love Vegas (second only to that feeling of winning at gambling). Today having been back from Vegas for less than 2 days, I tripped to the grocery store and as I was waiting in line at the deli, the man in front of me apologized for taking so long with his choices and I quipped back that is was OK because I had just gotten back from Vegas and was still relaxed. Which not only made him turn to talk to me about Vegas but also when it was my turn to order got the clerk talking to me about Vegas. In the normal world this idle chitchat does not happen. But in Vegas, and obviously just invoking the name of Vegas, breaks down all barriers and allows one the freedom to converse with perfect strangers and feel good about it.

I love sitting at a table in Vegas and chatting with complete strangers about their trip and what shows they might have seen. And on a dirty old man side, I love the drunken young cuties that will chat me up.

Overall the trip was excellent. As usual my last day was kind of a bust but alas that allows Jim and Lynne to end on a high note (ask them for the story some time).

Jim and I also saw Hans Klok, a magician from the Netherlands, who was assisted by none other than Pamela Anderson. She is quirt stunning in person and I can see why the straight boys love her (read that as huge breasts). We had great seats for both shows but the seats for this show allowed me to see some bruises on Pam’s legs (I assume from the magic (tricks) she assisted with!)

So as I begin to count the days to the next trip, I bid farewell to Sin City and wish once again there was something that I did there that could stay there….

2 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you guys had a great time!

    Shadow/J

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said…

    Someday I will see Vegas, with or without all my clothes on.

    MM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home